Senior Kotlin Developer
Unlock the potential of our payment platform, connecting merchants with customers through a high-performing, scalable, and reliable system.
We connect @CM.com
CM.com is a fast growing, listed, and global tech company. We offer over 40 software products to our customers, which you’ve probably already touched by receiving text or WhatsApp messages, buying tickets for festivals or while chatting via an AI chatbot for your support questions. We help create the ultimate customer experience for our customers to you, the end user.
All techy stuff, but we believe in people that make the difference. And that is exactly what our bright bunch of ambitious caring colleagues do. Every day. Together. Entrepreneurial people are the beating heart of our club. And this way, we can take on any challenge that comes our way. Our credo has been the same since the beginning in 1999: “Do what you like, do what you’re good at, and contribute.”
AND we are transparent, humble, and approachable regardless of age, culture, background, gender or religion e.g. Everyone is allowed backstage and allowed on the VIP deck, together.
What you will do
As a software engineer you will join the Point of Sale (POS) Payments team. This is a multidisciplinary SCRUM team focused on making payment easier. In this agile team of 9 people you will work together with QA engineers, Product owner, Back -and Frontend Developers.
The team is working to evolve the platform into a maintainable and scalable architecture while delivering the features that will make our customers autonomous or key to their growth. A very easy to maintain platform where merchants can connect with customers and reach any number of customers and establishments.
Next to this you triage and solve reported bugs, refactor older parts of our application to improve maintainability. We do have some legacy applications so you should really know how to use your IDE, have faith in the compiler, and be an expert in refactoring.
You connect with us, if you
- Have a bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or similar.
- You have 5+ years of experience with developing software on the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) stack (Java 11+, Kotlin)
- Experience within frameworks like Quarkus and Springboot, using tooling for Containerization like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience using Gradle and Git to build and test software.
- Bonus points if you have knowledge about the Payment industry; such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and Europay MasterCard Visa (EMV).
- You are fluent in English. Dutch and/or Spanish is an advantage as the team is distributed in Amsterdam and Madrid.
- We like to work from the office, so living on travel distance from Rembrandt Park is a must.
Benefits of working @CM.com
During our Global Onboarding program we want you and all our other new Club Members to have a complete deep dive into the culture of CM.com. An exciting program will be waiting for you! To keep you connected with your colleagues we organize the global “Convention Weeks” in our headquarters in Breda filled with informative, practical, and fun activities. Furthermore, we come together as a club during the Friday afternoon drinks, annual Summer- and Winter Trip and our Healthy Free office breakfast and lunch.
- Your salary is a given, and we offer a pension plan of 8% of your monthly salary, 25 holidays, holiday allowance and if you need to travel we got you covered.
- You have the possibility to participate in our Employee Share Purchase Program and get a discount on purchasing company shares.
- And if you want to develop yourself professionally, we offer internal and/or external training courses like Udemy and the CM Academy. To promote internal knowledge sharing we organize different types of Meet-Ups with external speakers.
Ready to join the Club? Apply now!
Yes! Apply via the company website and the assigned Recruiter will be in touch. Ready to join the club?
What we offer
Work in an innovative and fast-growing company
A pleasant and safe working environment.
Shape your own job with your skills
Work with motivated and entrepreneurial colleagues
Grow through courses, seminars and education
Onboarding and buddy program in the first weeks
Our Hiring Process
It's just clean and simple!
In our first call we would like to talk about your experience and motivation.